Posted on June 24th, 2010
The Nikon D3000 is a beginner-friendly digital SLR featuring a 10.2 megapixel DX-format sensor, 3.0 inch LCD, and Guide Modes for tips on making adjustments for a variety of shooting situations. Compact and capable, the D3000 is compatible with a broad range of world-famous Nikkor lenses and includes the versatile 3x, 18-55mm Zoom-Nikkor with Silent-Wave Motor auto-focusing and Nikon VR image stabilization to combat picture blur caused by camera shake for sharper hand-held pictures. The D3000’s split-second shutter response eliminates the annoyance of shutter lag. To further simplify picture-taking in special situations such as portraits, sports, landscapes, and more, the D3000 features icon-identified Scene Modes that deliver beautiful results automatically in otherwise complex situations. Additionally, the camera encloses Trim, Red-eye Correction, Soft Filter and many more functionalities that help you capture snaps in detail.
- 10.2-Megapixel DX-format Imaging Sensor – Delivers extraordinary image quality for breathtaking prints up to 20 x 30 inches.
- Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization Lens – Legendary NIKKOR optical quality and fast, accurate autofocus means vivid color, striking contrast and crisp detail, while VR image stabilization assures your sharpest pictures ever.
- Nikon’s Smallest D-SLR
- Split-second Shutter Response – Eliminates the frustration of shutter delay, capturing moments that other cameras miss.
- Continuous Shooting up to 3 Frames-Per-Second – Capture fast action, precious moments and fleeting expressions confidently.
- In-camera Image Editing – The Retouch Menu provides creative freedom, without the need for a computer, offering 13 easy editing functions, including Trim, Red-eye Correction and Soft Filter.
- Nikon EXPEED Image Processing – Assures breathtakingly rich image quality, managing color, contrast, exposure, noise and speed.
- Automatic Image Sensor Cleaning – Ultrasonic process and exclusive Airflow Control combats the accumulation of dust in front of the image sensor, safeguarding image quality shot after shot.
- 11-point Autofocus – Fast and accurate autofocus delivers razor-sharp pictures.
- Active D-Lighting – Restores picture-enhancing detail in shadows and highlights.
The D3000 packs all the innovation and enhanced engineering into a light, compact body. Its leading-edge technology resides behind a user-friendly interface that makes it extraordinarily simple to take the kinds of photos you’ve always wanted to take.