Posted on October 7th, 2012
The time has come for the yearly county fairs and with this comes great opportunities to practice your photography skills. Whether for pleasure or for a professional job, county fairs can provide you with an enormous amount of inspiration. Here are a few tips to achieving those great photos.
1. Step away from the norm and capture your subjects in a candid shot. Whether it is a child getting there face painted or grandpa eating a corn dog, catch them when they are least expecting it. Of course be curious and respectful in the process.
2. Capture the eyes of the child. When photographing people, it is recommended to focus in on their eyes.
3. Make sure to be prepared with all proper equipment as well as settings. Plan ahead and check the weather for the day. Make sure you have adjusted your settings for that particular weather day. Always bring extra batteries and extra memory cards.
4. When trying to capture an image of a moving target, it is best to adjust your shutter speed to a faster setting. Like any other moving target, this will allow your camera to capture the image without any un wanted noise.
5. A lot of county fairs take place in parks or historic city settings. Pay close attention to any particular exhibits that may have interest for you. Some fairs even have a landscaping exhibit that may be a perfect place to practice on your landscaping images. Once again, research your destination and found out what all there is to offer.
While photography can be fun this is also a perfect opportunity for you to have some fun as well. Take a moment and enjoy yourself if you attend a fair in your part of the country. Be sure and also stop by http://www.42photo.com if you need a camera or new camera accessories.