42nd Street Photo Reviews Surefire Kroma LED Flashlight K2-BK-BL/RDPosted on January 7th, 2011
The SureFire Kroma LED Flashlight is a palm-sized high-intensity, selectable-output, multi-spectrum LED flashlight for tactical, self-defense, recreational, and general use. The Kroma provides two output levels of white light: a long-running low beam and a brilliant tactical-level high beam with over three times the light of a larger two D-cell flashlight. Red and blue secondary LEDs also feature two output levels suitable for operations requiring minimal light; for preserving night vision while navigating, tracking, map reading, or other close work; or for negotiating outdoor terrain without disturbing wildlife. A rotating selector ring allows for no-look control—just twist to change beam color or output level.
SureFire flashlights are known around the world as the lighting system for any and every tactical scenario. In 1969, their original product line consisted of laser sighting systems for firearms. After many years of intense research and development, the SureFire Weapon Light was born and low light law enforcement & military operations changed forever. SureFire then went on to establish themselves as the leading manufacturer of rugged, powerful and compact illumination tools for tactical applications; from weapon-mounted lights and laser sights, shield lights, baton lights & hand-held lights powerful and bright enough to qualify as force-multiplier tools that could temporarily blind, unbalance, and disorient a threat.
- Selectable, dual-output white primary beam and dual-output secondary beams of blue and red
- Electronically controlled LED light source has no filament to burn out or break, lasts for thousands of hours
- Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens produces tightly focused central beam
- Rugged aerospace-grade aluminum body, Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized in black
- O-ring sealed, weatherproof
- Tempered Pyrex® window
- Heavy-duty pocket clip
- Tailcap switch: press for momentary-on low beams, press further for momentary-on high white beam; twist for constant-on low or high beams
- Switch lockout prevents accidental activation during transport or storage
White high: 50 lumens / 1.5 hrs
White low: 1.4 lumens / 20 hrs
Blue high: 3.4 lumens / 8 hrs
Blue low: .48 lumens / 80 hrs
Red high: 6.3 lumens / 8 hrs
Red low: .52 lumens / 80 hrs
- Batteries included
This is great flashlight that’s durable and reliable for everyday use.