42nd Street Photo Reviews the Sea & Sea DX-1200HD 12.1 Megapixel Digital CameraPosted on February 18th, 2011
The Sea & Sea DX-1200HD 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera is a high efficiency camera with high resolution capabilities and a wide variety of technical features. The new camera & housing have been completely revised and the housing has been designed so even beginners can enjoy taking pictures easily. With the durable plastic waterproof casing, there is no worry that water or sand will get in vital crevices.
The Sea & Sea DX-1200HD Underwater Digital Camera has a 3 inch LCD monitor, which is the largest monitor of its class for compact digital cameras. This screen allows you to view your pictures down to the smallest detail. The LCD monitor hood and inner hood allows improved water visibility and you can also take pictures while on the move. This underwater digital camera is very lightweight and compact allowing for easy travel and concealment.
The Sea & Sea DX-1200HD is an overall awesome camera that comes with all the extras you need when diving or on vacation.
- High definition CCD 1/1.72-inch primary color CCD with 12.19 effective megapixels (maximum number of recording pixels 12.43 megapixels) and 3x optical zoom lens (35 to102 mm).
- Features SEA&SEA mode, a still image mode for optimal underwater photography.
- Several White Balance settings available (Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent, Tungsten, Sunset, Custom) to suit any particular scene.
- Exposure compensation function (±2EV in 0.5EV steps).
- ISO speed can be set up to ISO 3200.
- Movie function up to 1280×720 pixels (HD Video) at 30 frames/second (30 fps).
- 16MB built-in memory. Can record on SD / MMC / SDHC memory cards (up to 8GB).
- Specially designed lithium-ion battery and battery charger included.
- When you turn the retractable cable socket lever, the fiber-optic cable socket slides and is aligned with position of the built-in flash and fixed.
- Flash Light Diffuser function: Effective diffuser that softly diffuses the light of the built-in flash.
- Strong and durable build, with a depth rating of up to 45m / 150ft.