Photography and Customer ServicePosted on November 22nd, 2012
Like any profession, there can be a time when your clients may see to be unhappy or uncooperative. There are easy ways to handle this kind of customer service without losing your cool or your temper. One main rule is to always remain professional and pleasant, even if the client is being uncooperative. The following are a few tips to help you with these particular situations.
- Remain calm at all times. Try to speak in a monotone voice and make sure to speak with the customer as well as listen to the customer.
- Communicate. Allow time for the client to express their feelings then you reciprocate with a positive response. Clients like to know that their feelings are being considered.
- Try to reach a middle ground. If a client is not satisfied with a session, offer to retake the photographs with either the same setting or another setting that you both like. If all else fails, return the money so that they may go somewhere else.
- If a client is just becoming irate and to the point of insulting, it is ok to ask them to leave and you refund their money. Yes, there is the saying that the customer is always right but there is a point of “being right” does not mean being insulting. Remember you are human too and deserve respect.
- If you have to have a reshoot session, if the clients are pleased with the second round of images, offer to them a discount or complimentary image. Even though they may seem dissatisfied at first, offering the client discounts or freebies will definitely lift the mood.
- There are some clients out there who will say they did not request a specific feature or did not want to have a certain image. The best way to avoid these situations is to have careful documentation and itemized request form before any photo shoot. Have the client initials at all request so that there may not be any misunderstandings. Once again, this is a form of communication that is essential with any business venture.
Pleasing every client is a difficult task that not even the most famous photographer can do. There are just some people out there that are never truly satisfied no matter how hard you work or how much you try to please them. Remember that a good way to advertise your business is by word of mouth, so try your best to please your clients and make this a positive experience. If you are looking on a great deal for a camera please stop by http://www.42photo.com
Leave Your Review