Tips on Photographing Religious EventsPosted on June 25th, 2012
Religious events are very important to those participating and some events may not even allow photographers and they do deserve respect. First and foremost do not cause unwanted attention if you are photographing a religious event. Any type of disturbance is not only disrespectful but can also get you removed from that particular event. Remember these people are here to worship and not to get give a great photo. In this article we are going to cover photography tips as well as just some suggestions as far as respecting the event you are shooting.
- Don’t get too close for a shot, bring a zoom lens.
- No flashes or bulky equipment.
- Less is better. Due to the fact this is a religious event, pack light, you don’t want camera bags and other accessories in the way.
- Quick shots and move on.
The bottom line is not to become a disturbance at a religious event. Be as stealth like as possible and as respectful as possible. Here is a list of non photography tips to keep in mind.
- Read about the event, possibly even to some recon before the event to find out where you can get the best shots.
- Dress according to the event, try not to stand out.
- Follow any instructions given by the leader of the event.
We hope this article gives you a little information on what to do when photographing a religious event. If you are need of a camera for photography please visit http://www.42photo.com
Leave Your Review