Traveling With Your Camera EquipmentPosted on November 19th, 2012
If you have reached a point in your photography were you will be traveling for photo shoots, the most important thing is keep your equipment safe and protected at all times. There are a few essential tips that can help with the travel and ensure a safe journey for you as well as your camera.
- It is common sense to understand that checking you camera in to be placed in the cargo hold is not the best idea. Compact your equipment back to the bare essentials, making sure it meets with your airlines carry-on requirements, and carry it with you on the plain.
- Memory cards are not affected by the security screening at the airport.
- If possible, place your camera bag underneath the chair in front of you to prevent any other baggage from crushing your camera in the overhead compartment.
- Make sure you have a well-ventilated and cushioned camera bag. The most expensive bag is not necessarily the right choice, but rather one that meets your needs and protects your camera.
- If possible, label all equipment with your name as well as contact information. Place a specific marker on your camera so that if by some chance it is stolen, there is some way to identify the camera.
- If driving, always keep your camera with you; never leave it in the car. As a photographer the camera is your livelihood and must be protected.
- Since your equipment is very important to you, check with your insurance provider to determine if you can insure your equipment. This will be essential if for some reason your camera is stolen or perhaps damaged.
- Also check with the manufacture of the camera and verify your warranty and the conditions of the warranty.
- Wherever you go, research beforehand the closet cameras shop just in case you need to replace a piece of equipment.
Those are just a few tips that can help you with any traveling you must do for a photo-shoot. Be safe and always protect your camera equipment. For the best camera equipment please stop by http://www.42photo.com
Leave Your Review