Posted on December 20th, 2012
The Canon EOS M is a compact camera with a magnesium alloy body that comes in four colors, white, red, black, and silver. The price for the Canon EOS M is in the $700-$800 range. The Canon EOS M is really a simple camera with buttons and dials on the camera kept to a minimum. The Canon EOS M also comes with large touchscreen on the back which is the preferred method for interacting with the camera. This is also Canon’s first mirrorless digital camera and it definitely meets the Canon standard. The sensor is as large as you would find on the majority of Canon’s DLSR cameras which has fantastic image quality. The Canon EOS-M also comes with a new EF-M mount 22mm f/2 STM lens. The Canon EOS M also offers full HD 1080p movie mode. The only thing we found lacking with this camera is a lack of a grip and the battery life only allows for about 230 shots. Overall this is really a great camera for every level of photographer, easy to use, picture quality is outstanding. Below are some other features of this camera.
Canon EOS M key features
- New EF-M lens mount (optimized for APS-C sensor size)
- 18MP APS-C ‘Hybrid CMOS’ sensor
- Continuous autofocus in movie mode with subject tracking
- 14-bit DIGIC5 processor
- ISO 100-12800 standard, 25600 expanded
- 4.3 fps continuous shooting, 3 fps with autofocus tracking
- 1080p30 video recording, stereo sound (with 25p or 24p options)
- External microphone socket and adjustable sound recording level
- 1040k dot 3:2 touch-sensitive ClearView II LCD (capacitative type, multi-touch support)
- Standard EOS hot-shoe for external flash (no built-in flash)
- ‘Creative Filters’ image-processing controls, previewed live on-screen
If you are interested in this camera be sure and stop by http://www.42photo.com
Posted on February 15th, 2012
The Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 is a very impressive camera with a combination great build quality, excellent performance and top of the line image quality. This is a camera meant for the more advanced to professional photographer.
The Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 is called a compact full frame camera but there is nothing compact about this camera. The measurements are 156.3 x 116.9 x 81.9mm. The body layout is very similar to the A700. The Alpha DSLR-A900 is a very versatile control interface. The main shooting functions can be accessed by buttons on the top panel. It comes with many options for both JPEG and Raw shooting mode. The biggest and probably most talked about feature is the viewfinder. The viewfinder uses a high-quality optical glass and has 100 percent frame view, which is like watching a high definition television.
Other Great Features:
- 24.6 Effective Megapixels
- 35mm Full-frame Exmor CMOS Image Sensor
- APS-C Size Capturing
- RGB Primary Color Filter
- SteadyShot INSIDE In-camera Image Stabilization
- The Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Digital Camera Body has dual card slots
- Burst Mode: Maximum 5 Frames per Second
- 3.0-inch TFT Xtra Fine LCD Screen with Approx. 921k Pixels
- Optional User-replaceable Focusing Screens
If you want to read more about this camera visit 42nd Street Photo.
Posted on September 7th, 2011
The Panasonic GF3 is a highly capable compact interchangeable lens camera with excellent image and video capture capability. The Panasonic GF3 is great camera for beginners that have been using point and shoot cameras and wish to upgrade to a DSLR. The GF3 has a lot to like about it. The GF3 is small really easy to use, capable of producing excellent images and has user friendliness in mind.
The Panasonic GF3 includes a 14-42mm zoom lens. It also has a fast maximum aperture of f/2.5, making the GF3 perfect for use in low-light conditions and easier to blur the background to help emphasize the main subject. In good light, shutter lag is 0.3 second, 0.6 second in low light. Flash recycling time is 1.6 seconds which is still pretty good and continuous shooting rate is a 3.9fps. The camera also includes a popup flash which is embedded above the lens. The GF3 also captures HD video. You can record up to 1080/60i videos in the AVCHD format.
- Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH/MEGA O.I.S. Lens
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Battery Charger
- Battery Pack
- Battery Case
- Body Cap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Shoulder Strap
- AV Cable
- USB Connection Cable
- Stylus Pen
- Software CD-ROM
The GF3 is a good choice for a light and compact camera that is versatile and considered a hybrid between DSLR and point and shoot.
Posted on March 22nd, 2011
With 3D coming on stronger than ever these days we figure we would bring a review of a nice little 3D camera by Fuji. The W3 isn’t Fuji’s first 3D camera, as the first model didn’t get such a hot reception. This camera is smaller and lighter than the original model with a bigger and better quality screen. The new Fuji W3 adds 3D HD video recording with stereo audio to the formula and the unique ability to shoot video in Real 3D in High Definition, with live or recorded playback via direct connection to any 3D TV.
The camera’s dual 1/2.3-inch, 10 megapixel CCDs and 3X zoom lenses are carried over from before, but a new design and more user-friendly interface is a great improvement. The 3D printing technology is ingenious. The Fuji W3 continues the strategy of offering Real 3D content by replicating the human visual system in combining two high quality lens and two CCDs in the one chassis – and allows consumers the option of viewing 3D images and video either with or without special glasses. It uses a very fine-textured Fresnel lens surface on a thin plastic sheet to produce an auto stereoscopic image.
Images can also be made into special ‘lenticular’ prints – via a unique printing process. The camera will capture 720p 3D movies and can save both 3D MPO images and 2D JPEGs simultaneously. If you haven’t checked this camera out I would say do it as soon as you can.
- 3D HD Movie (720p) and 3D still image capture
- Instant 3D playback on build-in High Contrast, 3.5” 3D LCD (without the need for special 3D glasses)
- Direct Connection via HDMI high-speed 1.4(Type A-Type C) cable to any branded 3D HDTV
- Two 1/2.3” 10 Megapixel CCD
- Two Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens
- 3D RP(REAL PHOTO) HD PROCESSOR
- Compact and light-weight 230g body (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
- 2D Special effects using Simultaneous Shooting functions
Posted on March 6th, 2011
The Casio EX-FH20 is the next in line to the FX1, released in early 2008. It’s smaller, lighter, and less expensive as a 9 megapixel camera. The FH20 still offers awesome velocity at 40 frames per second continuous shooting and 1000 fps high speed movie mode. The 9.1 megapixel, CMOS-sensor equipped EX-FH20 meets or exceeds the definition of an ultrazoom camera. The Casio EX-FH20 has a simplified user interface, a significantly lower price tag, a smaller and lighter overall package. The FH20 has the same smaller 1/2.3-inch 9.1-megapixel CMOS as the FC100. It also has a completely different lens. Casio has built memory into the EX-FH20, instead of bundling a memory card. There’s just under 32MB of onboard memory on the FH20, so you will probably want to purchase a larger memory card right away. The EX-FH20 uses four AA batteries for power. They also include a lens cap and retaining strap to protect your lens from harm. It fits tightly which is a good thing.
What else is included?
- The 9.1 Megapixel Exilim EX-FH20 digital camera
- Four AA alkaline batteries
- Lens cap w/retaining strap
- Shoulder strap
- USB cable
- A/V cable
- CD-ROM featuring YouTube Uploader, Adobe Reader, and camera manual
- 33 page Basic Reference Manual + full manual (on CD-ROM)
This camera is by far and away the most affordable high-speed consumer camera around.
Posted on February 5th, 2011
If you are looking for an ultimate tool to do your toughest jobs – buy the Leatherman Core. An updated version of the Super Tool 200. The Leatherman Core combines 19 individually rotating tools into one 4.5-inch multi-tool. The Core has our most powerful pliers, longer blades, and easy-to-use locks. Core is the first Leatherman to feature Hollow-Ground Screwdrivers in the standard sizes professionals use. This multi-tool has it all.
- 420HC Clip Point Knife with Straight Edge
- 420HC Sheepsfoot Serrated Knife
- Needlenose Pliers
- Regular Pliers
- Wire cutters
- Hard-wire cutters
- Stranded-wire cutters
- Wire Stripper
- Electrical Crimper
- 5/16″ Screwdriver
- 7/32″ Screwdriver
- 1/8″ Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Wood/Metal File
- Bottle Opener
- Can Opener
- 9 in | 22 cm
- Awl with Thread Loop
- Stainless Steel Handles
- Stainless Steel Body
- Black Oxide Version Available
- All Locking Blades and Tools
- Comfort-sculpted Handles
- Leather or Nylon Sheath
- 25-year Warranty
- 4.5 in | 11.5 cm (closed)
- 10.8 oz | 307 g
- 3.2 in | 8.13 cm (blade length)
This is one of the handiest tools I’ve ever used for both work & the outdoors. It has more useful functions than most other type tools.The Leatherman Core is great tool for any job big or small.
Posted on January 25th, 2011
The G3 is a high-output flashlight featuring a tough, corrosion-proof Nitrolon body and bezel. The G3 LED uses a virtually indestructible power-regulated LED and a precision micro-textured reflector to produce a smooth 120-lumen beam. The G3 LED can generate tactical-level light for six hours and useful light levels for an impressive 9.4 hours on a single set of batteries.. Output is either 105 or 200 lumens, depending on which easy-to-install lamp you use—high-output or ultra high-output. The G3 flashlight is great for tactical, self-defense, and general use. The tactically-correct pushbutton tailcap switch provides secure, ergonomic activation control: press for momentary-on, twist for constant-on.
- Brilliant white light from high-output lamp (included) or ultra high-output lamp (optional)
- Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- Tough, lightweight Nitrolon® body with deep grid pattern for secure grip
- Tactical tailcap switch—press for momentary-on, twist for constant-on
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
This is a tough and affordable everyday flashlight that will not let you down.
Posted on January 7th, 2011
The SureFire Kroma LED Flashlight is a palm-sized high-intensity, selectable-output, multi-spectrum LED flashlight for tactical, self-defense, recreational, and general use. The Kroma provides two output levels of white light: a long-running low beam and a brilliant tactical-level high beam with over three times the light of a larger two D-cell flashlight. Red and blue secondary LEDs also feature two output levels suitable for operations requiring minimal light; for preserving night vision while navigating, tracking, map reading, or other close work; or for negotiating outdoor terrain without disturbing wildlife. A rotating selector ring allows for no-look control—just twist to change beam color or output level.
SureFire flashlights are known around the world as the lighting system for any and every tactical scenario. In 1969, their original product line consisted of laser sighting systems for firearms. After many years of intense research and development, the SureFire Weapon Light was born and low light law enforcement & military operations changed forever. SureFire then went on to establish themselves as the leading manufacturer of rugged, powerful and compact illumination tools for tactical applications; from weapon-mounted lights and laser sights, shield lights, baton lights & hand-held lights powerful and bright enough to qualify as force-multiplier tools that could temporarily blind, unbalance, and disorient a threat.
- Selectable, dual-output white primary beam and dual-output secondary beams of blue and red
- Electronically controlled LED light source has no filament to burn out or break, lasts for thousands of hours
- Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens produces tightly focused central beam
- Rugged aerospace-grade aluminum body, Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized in black
- O-ring sealed, weatherproof
- Tempered Pyrex® window
- Heavy-duty pocket clip
- Tailcap switch: press for momentary-on low beams, press further for momentary-on high white beam; twist for constant-on low or high beams
- Switch lockout prevents accidental activation during transport or storage
White high: 50 lumens / 1.5 hrs
White low: 1.4 lumens / 20 hrs
Blue high: 3.4 lumens / 8 hrs
Blue low: .48 lumens / 80 hrs
Red high: 6.3 lumens / 8 hrs
Red low: .52 lumens / 80 hrs
- Batteries included
This is great flashlight that’s durable and reliable for everyday use.
Posted on December 27th, 2010
The Canon Rebel T2i is an 18MP DSLR that follows up the popular Canon Rebel T1i. The Canon EOS Rebel T2i incorporates a number of advanced pro-DSLR features in a compact and very affordable camera body. The Rebel T2i handles much like the Rebel T1i; however, the Rebel T2i has a number of subtle changes like new button designs and a new 3:2 format LCD. This is the first Canon DSLR with a display that is actually the same shape of the sensor. The EOS Rebel T2i can also capture full 1080p HD video with monaural sound, or stereo sound when using (optional) 3.5mm external microphones.
In addition to the camera’s bright eye-level optical reflex viewfinder, the Rebel T2i also features Advanced Live View (with a dedicated Live view/Movie button) for composing and editing your stills and video using the T2i’s 3.0″ Clear View LCD, which contains a whopping 1.04 million dots of resolving power.
The buttons on the rear of the camera are flatter than they were on the T1i and are easier to use, which almost gives the camera controls on the rear a point and shoot feel. The Q button on the rear brings up the quick settings display and is very easy and intuitive to navigate using the 4-way controls on the rear panel.
The Canon EOS Rebel T2i records imagery onto a choice of SD memory card, SDHC memory card, or SDXC Memory Cards and powers off an LP-E8 lithium-ion battery, which is good for up to 550 still exposures or 1 hour and 40 minutes of video recording. The EOS Rebel T2i is compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S optics. For CAEDRT2IK only – The Canon Rebel T2i kit comes with an image stabilized Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS zoom lens, which has an equivalent focal range of a 28.8 – 88mm lens on a full-frame (24x36mm) 35mm camera.
- 18MP CMOS sensor with a 4-channel readout (the 7D has an 8-channel readout)
- ISO 100-6400 (up to 12,800 with boost)
- DIGIC 4 Processor
- 3.7 fps continuous shooting speed (34 high-quality JPEGs, 6 RAW)
- 9-point auto focus system
- 63 zone dual layer metering
- 1080p HD video at 24, 25, and 30 frames per second (fps)
- 720p HD video at 50 and 60 fps, VGA at 50 and 60 fps
- manual exposure option in video mode
- external stereo mic input
- new movie crop mode
- new LCD with 3:2 aspect ratio and 1.04 million dot resolution
- Quick control button
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (adding compatibility with SDXC cards)
- size/weight: 5.1×3.1×3.0 inches (close to the T1i) weight 18.7 oz
- Typical battery capacity – 550 shots without flash (430 shots with 50% flash)
The Canon EOS Rebel Digital T2i makes a great impression.
Posted on December 24th, 2010
42nd Street Photo reviews have been excellent this past year and put them at the top of recommended camera stores. NexTag, PriceGrabber, and BizRate show consumers giving 42nd Street Photo high marks for customer service and the products they carry.
A consumer from NexTag says:
“This was my first purchase from 42nd St. Photo. Since they’re in NYC and I’m in Dallas, I wasn’t familiar with them, but like many others, I was looking for a great deal from a seller I could trust. They had the exact camera I wanted, a great price versus other sellers, and had many positive customer reviews. I gave them a shot and got exactly what I hoped for, on time, with no issues at all. No question that I’ll buy from them again.”
A consumer from Bizrate comments:
“The gentleman I spoke with was very professional, helpful and polite”
These are a couple of the comments and excellent feedback for 42nd Street Photo. 42nd Street Photo carries a wide variety of digital cameras, digital audio, and video equipment. We always aim to please our customers, and our history shows it. With over 40 years in the camera industry, we pride ourself in the excellent customer service we provide and the many long term customers who shop at our store. If you’re a camera enthusiast visiting New York for the first time, or if you live in the big apple and have never been to our store, stop by! We’d love to help you. You can also visit us online at 42photo.com