Posted on February 5th, 2012
Photographing the moon can be very challenging if not planned correctly and if you do not have the right equipment. We are going to cover a few that we hope will help you if you decide to take on that challenge.
Know the exact phase the moon is in and the time the moon will be appearing. You can usually find online sources that can tell you all the information that you need to know. Be sure you all check out the weather forecast in your area as well.
Using the right equipment is also very important. Your equipment will play a huge role in the quality of your moon photographs. For close up shots you will want to use the longest telephoto lens that you have. As for your camera you want to make sure you have a low noise sensor, this will help resolve any details issues. You will also want to have a tripod available for long exposures to take moon shots. The tripod will also help steady your camera.
Try to capture your shots within 15 to 20 minutes of moonrise. Anything after that and the moon will be too bright to get a decent photograph.
After capturing your images it’s always good to use a photo editing application to get the complete desired effect. Try cropping the moon to make it bigger and really capture the moment.
We hope these few tips help you out if you decide to take on moon photography.
Posted on August 6th, 2011
The Leatherman Wave is one of the most popular tools on the market. The Leatherman Wave comes with over a dozen tools. The Wave also comes in stainless steel or black oxide. The Wave was redesigned in 2004 and was given larger knives, stronger pliers, longer wire cutters and all-locking blades. This tool is perfect for any job large or small as well as regular day tasks. The reviews on the Wave have been better than outstanding. Leatherman builds great products right here in the United States since 1983.
- 420HC Clip Point Knife
- 420HC Sheepsfoot Serrated Knife
- Needlenose Pliers
- Regular Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Hard-wire Cutters
- Wire Stripper
- Large Screwdriver
- Large Bit Driver
- Small Bit Driver
- Wood/Metal File
- Diamond-coated File
- Bottle Opener
- Can Opener
- 8 in | 19 cm Ruler
- INCLUDED BITS: Phillips and Flat Tip Eyeglasses Screwdriver Bit, Phillips #1-2 and 3/16″ Bit
Be sure and try out the Leatherman Wave today if you are looking for a long lasting and reliable tool.
Posted on June 13th, 2011
If you are looking for Leatherman Tools in New York City then you need to stop in at our store location of 42nd Street Photo or check out the stock of our Leatherman Tools online. If you have never heard of Leatherman Tools then let tell you about them as I think you will be very impressed. This tool is like having a small toolbox that fits in the palm of your hand and they are made to endure anything. Leatherman also makes very durable hunting knives and pocket knives. Check out some of the items below.
Leatherman Core Stainless Finish With Leather Sheath – The Core is great tool for the toughest jobs. This single tool has over a dozen tools like needle nose pliers, wire cutters, screwdrivers, wire stripper and much more. The handles are rounded perfectly to give you a firm grip when working.
Leatherman Kick with Leather Sheath – This a great and efficient tool with a lot of engineering put in to it. The Kick has the same strong pliers as the other Leatherman just a bit narrower and light weight. The Kick comes with over a dozen tools as well.
Leatherman Klamath Folding Blade Hunting Knife – The knife is well made and holds the edge very well. When opened it locks securely with a strong lock back mechanism. A sheath is also included and includes a diamond sharpener in the handle.
Leatherman Expanse ( E33B) Knife with Drop-Point – This is a smaller knife than the hunting knife and is made from 154CM stainless steel. This in turn allows the blade to last longer. It also includes a bit driver with bit storage in the handle for added screwdriver functions. It also features a bottle opener and carabiner clip to hook to a belt loop or on a backpack.
These are just some of the Leatherman tools you can find at 42nd Street Photo so stop by and check out our great selection.
Posted on March 19th, 2011
When you purchase your digital camera if you are like me you pick up the manual and start thumbing through it. You might also come across somewhere in that manual that talks about ‘aperture’. If you are new to photography you might actually ask what aperture is in relationship to your camera. We are going to explain aperture in this article for you and hope it give you a better understanding.
The main function of a camera lens is to collect light. The size of the diaphragm opening in a camera lens allows light to pass through onto the film inside the camera the moment when the shutter curtain in camera opens during an exposure process. The larger the diameter of the aperture, then more light reaches the image sensor. Aperture is expressed as f-numbers or f-stops. Those numbers you see on the lens like f22 or f/22 or f/8.0 and f/5.6. The smaller the F-stop number, the larger the lens opening on your camera. A “fast” lens is one that has a large maximum aperture like F2.4 or F2.0.
A good aperture range is my opinion is somewhere between F1.8 and F16. A larger aperture range will give you more latitude with the kinds of pictures you can shoot. The larger the aperture the better your camera will perform in low light situations and will help negate camera shake. A larger aperture also allows you to use a fast shutter speed for freeze action. Another advantage of a large maximum aperture is to provide a shallow depth of field. This allows the background to blur nicely thus isolating your subject. A smaller aperture also has its good qualities by using a slow shutter speed which can help show objects in motion. Another advantage of a small minimum aperture is to increase the depth-of-field. An increased depth-of-field allows you to take landscape pictures where as much of the picture in the foreground and reaching all the way to the background.
We hope this short article on aperture for digital cameras has helped give you a better understanding.
Posted on March 6th, 2011
The Casio EX-FH20 is the next in line to the FX1, released in early 2008. It’s smaller, lighter, and less expensive as a 9 megapixel camera. The FH20 still offers awesome velocity at 40 frames per second continuous shooting and 1000 fps high speed movie mode. The 9.1 megapixel, CMOS-sensor equipped EX-FH20 meets or exceeds the definition of an ultrazoom camera. The Casio EX-FH20 has a simplified user interface, a significantly lower price tag, a smaller and lighter overall package. The FH20 has the same smaller 1/2.3-inch 9.1-megapixel CMOS as the FC100. It also has a completely different lens. Casio has built memory into the EX-FH20, instead of bundling a memory card. There’s just under 32MB of onboard memory on the FH20, so you will probably want to purchase a larger memory card right away. The EX-FH20 uses four AA batteries for power. They also include a lens cap and retaining strap to protect your lens from harm. It fits tightly which is a good thing.
What else is included?
- The 9.1 Megapixel Exilim EX-FH20 digital camera
- Four AA alkaline batteries
- Lens cap w/retaining strap
- Shoulder strap
- USB cable
- A/V cable
- CD-ROM featuring YouTube Uploader, Adobe Reader, and camera manual
- 33 page Basic Reference Manual + full manual (on CD-ROM)
This camera is by far and away the most affordable high-speed consumer camera around.
Posted on February 5th, 2011
If you are looking for an ultimate tool to do your toughest jobs – buy the Leatherman Core. An updated version of the Super Tool 200. The Leatherman Core combines 19 individually rotating tools into one 4.5-inch multi-tool. The Core has our most powerful pliers, longer blades, and easy-to-use locks. Core is the first Leatherman to feature Hollow-Ground Screwdrivers in the standard sizes professionals use. This multi-tool has it all.
- 420HC Clip Point Knife with Straight Edge
- 420HC Sheepsfoot Serrated Knife
- Needlenose Pliers
- Regular Pliers
- Wire cutters
- Hard-wire cutters
- Stranded-wire cutters
- Wire Stripper
- Electrical Crimper
- 5/16″ Screwdriver
- 7/32″ Screwdriver
- 1/8″ Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Wood/Metal File
- Bottle Opener
- Can Opener
- 9 in | 22 cm
- Awl with Thread Loop
- Stainless Steel Handles
- Stainless Steel Body
- Black Oxide Version Available
- All Locking Blades and Tools
- Comfort-sculpted Handles
- Leather or Nylon Sheath
- 25-year Warranty
- 4.5 in | 11.5 cm (closed)
- 10.8 oz | 307 g
- 3.2 in | 8.13 cm (blade length)
This is one of the handiest tools I’ve ever used for both work & the outdoors. It has more useful functions than most other type tools.The Leatherman Core is great tool for any job big or small.
Posted on January 25th, 2011
The G3 is a high-output flashlight featuring a tough, corrosion-proof Nitrolon body and bezel. The G3 LED uses a virtually indestructible power-regulated LED and a precision micro-textured reflector to produce a smooth 120-lumen beam. The G3 LED can generate tactical-level light for six hours and useful light levels for an impressive 9.4 hours on a single set of batteries.. Output is either 105 or 200 lumens, depending on which easy-to-install lamp you use—high-output or ultra high-output. The G3 flashlight is great for tactical, self-defense, and general use. The tactically-correct pushbutton tailcap switch provides secure, ergonomic activation control: press for momentary-on, twist for constant-on.
- Brilliant white light from high-output lamp (included) or ultra high-output lamp (optional)
- Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- Tough, lightweight Nitrolon® body with deep grid pattern for secure grip
- Tactical tailcap switch—press for momentary-on, twist for constant-on
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
This is a tough and affordable everyday flashlight that will not let you down.
Posted on January 7th, 2011
The SureFire Kroma LED Flashlight is a palm-sized high-intensity, selectable-output, multi-spectrum LED flashlight for tactical, self-defense, recreational, and general use. The Kroma provides two output levels of white light: a long-running low beam and a brilliant tactical-level high beam with over three times the light of a larger two D-cell flashlight. Red and blue secondary LEDs also feature two output levels suitable for operations requiring minimal light; for preserving night vision while navigating, tracking, map reading, or other close work; or for negotiating outdoor terrain without disturbing wildlife. A rotating selector ring allows for no-look control—just twist to change beam color or output level.
SureFire flashlights are known around the world as the lighting system for any and every tactical scenario. In 1969, their original product line consisted of laser sighting systems for firearms. After many years of intense research and development, the SureFire Weapon Light was born and low light law enforcement & military operations changed forever. SureFire then went on to establish themselves as the leading manufacturer of rugged, powerful and compact illumination tools for tactical applications; from weapon-mounted lights and laser sights, shield lights, baton lights & hand-held lights powerful and bright enough to qualify as force-multiplier tools that could temporarily blind, unbalance, and disorient a threat.
- Selectable, dual-output white primary beam and dual-output secondary beams of blue and red
- Electronically controlled LED light source has no filament to burn out or break, lasts for thousands of hours
- Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens produces tightly focused central beam
- Rugged aerospace-grade aluminum body, Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized in black
- O-ring sealed, weatherproof
- Tempered Pyrex® window
- Heavy-duty pocket clip
- Tailcap switch: press for momentary-on low beams, press further for momentary-on high white beam; twist for constant-on low or high beams
- Switch lockout prevents accidental activation during transport or storage
White high: 50 lumens / 1.5 hrs
White low: 1.4 lumens / 20 hrs
Blue high: 3.4 lumens / 8 hrs
Blue low: .48 lumens / 80 hrs
Red high: 6.3 lumens / 8 hrs
Red low: .52 lumens / 80 hrs
- Batteries included
This is great flashlight that’s durable and reliable for everyday use.
Posted on December 20th, 2010
If you are looking for a camera with the best photo quality without picking a full-fledged DSLR then the Canon Powershot S95 is what you are looking for. The Canon Powershot S95 is the predecessor to Canon Powershot S90. This digital camera carries some features that would become valuable information for many photography enthusiasts. This is probably the best point-and-shoot camera on the market today for taking photos. The Canon PowerShot S95 is a compact designed 10 megapixel digital camera with HD video and RAW support. The new Canon Powershot S95 does 720P HD recording, a huge improvement over the S90, which didn’t of course. One drawback is that during video recording the use isn’t able to zoom in/out nor focus.
The fast f/2.0 lens of the Canon PowerShot S95 camera allows the user to shoot without a tripod or flash in darker conditions. The ability to shoot at higher ISO speeds and maintain high image quality is another key feature of the Canon PowerShot S95 digital camera. Not only can you capture photos from ISO 80 up to ISO 3200, you can choose the degree of control you want (from total control to total automatic) over exposure, white balance, focus, and much more, from an extensive menu. You can automatically produce High Dynamic Range, panoramic, fisheye, low-light and many more specialized photos with built-in programs. The HS System is a powerful combination of high-sensitivity sensor coupled with the latest DIGIC 4 image processor for outstanding image quality in a wide variety of lighting conditions, including low light.
Image Sensor: 10.0 million effective pixels.
Metering: Evaluative, centre-weighted average, spot.
Sensor Size: 14.9mm CCD.
Lens: Canon f2.0-4.9/6.0-22.5mm (28-105mm as 35 SLR equivalent).
Shutter Speed: 15 to 1/1600 second.
Continuous Shooting: 0.8 to 1.9 images/second.
Memory: SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMCplus, HC MMC plus cards.
Image Sizes (pixels): 3648×2736 to 640×360. Movies: 1280×720, 640×480, 320×240 at 30 fps.
LCD Screen: 7.6cm LCD (461,000 pixels).
File Formats: RAW, JPEG, RAW+JPEG, Motion JPEG.
ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 80 to 3200.
Interface: USB 2.0, HDMI mini, AV.
Power: Rechargeable lithium ion battery, DC input.
Dimensions: 99.8×58.4×29.5 WHDmm.
Weight: Approx. 193 g (inc battery and card).
The S95 is a simple point-and-shoot camera, and it’s a serious image-making machine.
Posted on November 30th, 2010
If you’re a serious photographer looking for SLR-inspired creative control but in a smaller form, the P7000 is your kind of camera. The Nikon COOLPIX P7000 is a compact, high-performance digital camera offering superb image quality and precise imaging control. The Nikon P7000 is an entirely new design inside and out from its predecessor, the interesting but flawed P6000. Where this Nikon really shines is when you switch it over to manual mode for composing more advanced shots. You choose the aperture, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, and focus settings to give your images the exact look you want. The P7000 puts those important controls at your fingertips.
Sporting a 1/1.17-inch, 10.1-megapixel CCD image sensor that rolls back the MP rating from the P6000 (which used a 13.5-megapixel chip), the Nikon P7000 is aiming to improve image quality through a “less is more” approach. The Nikon Coolpix P7000 also boasts an optically stabilized 7.1x zoom lens with a focal length range equivalent to 28-200mm on a 35mm camera. The Coolpix P7000 features Nikon’s EXPEED C2 image processor, which allows an ISO sensitivity range of 100 to 6,400 equivalents at full resolution.
- 7.1x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens – Versatile 28-200mm lens ranges wide to capture landscapes, zooms in to get close to the action. In the NIKKOR tradition of precision optics, the high-quality ED glass lens delivers superb color and razor-sharp results.
- 10.1-megapixel, large 1/1.7-inch CCD sensor for stunning images.
- Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effects of camera shake.
- Hybrid VR Image stabilization by lens shift and electronic VR.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO up to 6400 at full resolution for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Nikons Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image
- EXPEED C2 continues to expand the possibilities of photography with improved levels of image quality, fine detail and processing speed. Custom-optimized for each COOLPIX model, Nikon’s renowned digital image processing engine ensures outstanding images
- Dial controls for key functions including ISO, white balance, bracketing, exposure compensation and more
- PSAM (Program, Shutter, Aperture, Manual) exposure control, custom function control.
- ISO can be set as high as 6400 at full resolution; 12,800 in Low noise Night Mode (3-Megapixel).
- Tone Level Information provides photographers with 9 levels of grey scale information about the scene for fine exposure analysis according to user’s creative needs.
- In-camera editing functions include Exposure Compensation, COOLPIX Picture Control, Noise Reduction Filter, Quick Retouch, D-Lighting and Active D-Lighting.
- Electronic Virtual Horizon Display enables precise leveling of the camera in landscape or portrait orientation during LCD monitor shooting.
- COOLPIX Picture Control can be customized for Image Sharpening, Contrast, Saturation, Filter Effects, and Tone.
- Ultra-fast start-up, autofocus and shooting.
- Subject Tracking tracks a moving subject to ensure sharp focus.
- Shoot Continuously up to 45 pictures at approx. 1.3 fps at full resolution.
- Interval Timer Shooting captures images at specified time intervals
- 3-inch Ultra-High Resolution (921,000-dot) Clear Color Display for still images and movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The large LCD’s wide viewing angle and anti-glare coating make it easy to compose, view and share pictures.
- Large Optical viewfinder with diopter adjustment dial.
- Remote control operation with optional wireless ML-L3.
- Optional Wide Angle Converter (WC-E75A) for 21mm coverage (requires UR-E22 adapter ring)
- HD (720p) Movie with Stereo, Mic Input Jack and HDMI Output Records at 24 fps with Zoom, Autofocus and stereo sound. Mic Input Jack allows for optional microphone to be used during recording and HDMI output allows easy in-camera playback or convenient playback on HD-TV or computer.
- Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF. Nikon’s face-finding technology automatically detects up to 12 faces.
- Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
- Blink Warning alerts you if a subject has blinked.
- Built-in Flash plus i-TTL Flash function when used with optional Nikon Speedlight System.
- 18 Scene Modes, including Scene Auto Selector for optimized shooting in a variety of settings and situations.
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene you’re shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
- Macro shooting as close as 0.8 inches.
The Nikon Coolpix P7000 is a great compact digital camera. Users can take great pictures with this Nikon compact digital camera.
Posted on November 17th, 2010
The Panasonic HDC-TM20K is a sub $600 camera that really seems to be an excellent deal. This one is at the cheaper end but that doesn’t always mean that you lose out in terms of performance. This is a entry level camcorder but as far as we can see it certainly doesn’t miss anything on technology. The Panasonic HDC-TM20K is a sleek black unit that thankfully has refrained from the red stripe around the lens, and is not too heavy on the branding and writing which is a definite improvement. The unit is small and neat and follows the standard format of most camcorders.
The Panasonic HDC-TM20K has 16x optical zoom function, and the quality of images captured on zoom is excellent and clarity is not lost. One of the best features of the Panasonic HDC-TM20K HD camcorder is the iA (intelligent auto) mode. When this mode is selected, the camcorder automatically selects the optimal settings to produce the best video quality. This camcorder has the standard OIS technology, which means that any shake of the hand is compensated for and the picture adjusted to make sure this is not noticed on playback.
This is a camcorder that will appeal most to the home use. The quality of the HD videos is very good, accompanied by crisp and clear audio. The lens cap is built in and opens when the unit is switched on, which again is a nice touch and means there is nothing separate to lose. For the money and quality we recommend the Panasonic HDC-TM20K 16GB High Definition Camcorder.
Posted on November 3rd, 2010
The Leica V-Lux 20’s simple yet attractive metal body screams ‘serious photographer’. At approximately 103 x 62 x 33mm you could say it’s on the bulky side, but when you take it’s 12x zoom lens and built-in GPS into consideration, it certainly isn’t. The camera feels built to be used, the design and layout of the buttons and controls is exceptionally well thought out – everything is exactly where you’d want it. The menu system is straightforward and easy to use.
The high-performance Leica V-LUX 20 Digital Camera features a Leica DC Vario-Elmar 4.1-49.2mm f/3.3 – 4.9 ASPH lens. This is a high-performance super-zoom with a 35mm equivalent of 25-300mm. This 12x zoom allows you to go from wide-angle to super telephoto without adding an accessory lens.
The camera has many automatic settings, and scene modes for the beginning photographer, but it also has manual settings for the image maker who wants total control. All of your composing and playback takes place on the bright 3″ LCD display, and images can be stored on SD, SDHC or SXCD memory cards.
When shooting HD video, you can use the 12x zoom lens and all the other camera features, including the GPS feature. This innovative feature records the geographical coordinates of the location and the local time of every picture shot and stores the information in the EXIF data of the image files. The GPS also provides a variety of fascinating options and benefits. When traveling, the camera displays all the sights in the immediate neighborhood.
Other Items Included
* BP-DC7E Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
* Battery Charger
* Battery Case
* USB Cable
* A/V Cable
* Wrist Strap
* Software-DVD, CD including Adobe Photoshop Elements 8
* User Manual
The V-LUX 20 will only be produced in small quantities, so will retain their value for much longer than most other brand‘s cameras and a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 or Mac or PC comes free. Lets not forget – you are getting a Leica, a brand many photographers aspire too.
Posted on October 15th, 2010
Halloween is celebrated by those young and old. Kids and adults alike enjoy the costumes, candy, and parties during this time of the year. At the same time you want to capture these memories and shoot the best photographs possible. With Halloween just a couple of weeks away I figured we would provide some helpful tips for Halloween photography.
Pictures at Halloween can be great but you can also get very creative with your shooting. Use vintage costumes and plugins and filters to shoot your photographs. Try making your photos really stand out.
Let’s talk Jack-O-Lanterns for a few minutes. Be sure when you finish your jack-o-lantern that wherever you place it to shoot a photo that the background or setting does not distract from the jack-o-lantern. Try placing the jack-o-lantern in a garden or background of leaves. If you decide to wait until night to take the picture of your jack-o-latern you may not get the effect you are looking for. You want to have at least 3 candles inside your jack-o-latern to get that inside glow. Then be sure and override the flash by put your finger over it. This will cut down on the amount of light thrown on the subject.
Next we talk about all the creatures that go bump in the night. Everybody enjoys putting on a scary Halloween costume and having fun. In fact, you may be surprised to learn that in recent years, sales of costumes for adults have outpaced costumes for kids! Make sure to take a photo of your favorite creature with and without the mask. Let’s say you want to take a portrait of your little boy (or kid brother) or even a friend in a “scary” costume before he goes out trick-or-treating or going to a costume party. First, figure out what’s the best part of the costume. Then get in close and fill the frame with the parts you’ve decided are best.It’s usually better if you don’t shoot from head to toe since shoes are often the weakest part of a costume.
Other basic tips:
Rule of Thirds
Fill Your Frame
Increase your ISO
Slow Down Shutter Speed
Use a Larger Aperture
Try all these things when shooting photos for Halloween. As I said above, be creative, take as many photos as you can and play with all the settings to get that Halloween effect. You don’t have to go with a expensive camera to do this as most basic digital cameras will take awesome photos for this time of the year.
Posted on October 2nd, 2010
All parents want to take fantastic photos of their kids. Parents want professional looking photos without have to pay a fortune. You just get one chance to get those perfect shots of your baby before he or she grows up. Let’s face it, nobody wants to show the world a pink, shriveled face bathed in bad light. Here are some tips on getting great pictures.
Lighting is everything. The best lighting is natural sunlight, preferably on a slightly cloudy day. I would say the best time is early in the morning or late in the evening right before the sun sets If it is too bright out, you will get shadows and possibly a little one with squinty eyes. Remember to use your flash for fill flash outside. This lighting produces stunning results.
Get closer to your child. Fill the frame with your baby’s face and leave out the lamps and furniture and all of that other visual clutter. A good close-up of a baby can be other-worldly. Be sure and get down on there level. You don’t want to have a hundred pictures of your baby looking up.
Keep the background as simple as possible. It’s harder than it sounds, most photographers spend half there time trying to find a simple background.
Try and capture action. A baby sprawled on the blanket in my opinion is to ordinary. Capture the moment of your child doing something like yawning, crawling, playing with toys or whatever it might be.
Take lots of pictures. Don’t be afraid to keep snapping off shots. The more pictures taken the more choices you have to look at to see what was the best shot. Take tons of pictures of your baby and you will find one or two awesome ones in the batch. Digital cameras today can store a massive amount of photos, so let the picture taking rip.
We hope these few tips we have provided help when shooting photos of your children.
Posted on September 7th, 2010
The Leatherman Knifeless Fuse is as the name suggests based on the classic Fuse but with the knife blade replaced with a file. Sometimes having a knife as part of your multi-tool set-up isn’t necessary. For these knife-prohibitive situations Leatherman has created the knifeless Fuse.This makes the Leatherman Knifeless fuse ideal for younger users and situations when knife blades are not permitted. With a slim chassis and an assortment of the most-needed tools, the Leatherman Knifeless Fuse also puts portability at the forefront. The Fuse is the cheapest of the classic range tools to feature locking blades.
- Needlenose Pliers
- Regular Pliers
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Ruler (8 inch/19cm)
- Bottle/Can Opener
- Wire Cutters
- Hard-Wire Cutters
- Large Screwdriver
- Small Screwdriver
- Wire Stripper
- Lanyard Attachment
- Leather Sheath Included
- Materials: 100% stainless steel (Optimum grade hardness for each tool/blade)
- Length: 4 in. / 10 cm closed – 6.3 in / 16 cm open
- Weight: 6.0 ounces / 187 grams
- Made in USA
If you are looking for a gift for the younger crowd this would be perfect. Check out the Leatherman Knifeless Fuse.
Posted on August 5th, 2010
If you are in need of a great compact flashlight then I want to tell you about the Surefire A2L-HA-WH Aviator LED. This a great little flashlight for even the biggest jobs. The A2 LED Aviator is a compact dual-output flashlight that provides two distinct beam types and optional output colors.It uses virtually indestructible power-regulated LED emitters and a precision micro-textured reflector to produce both spot and flood beams in your choice of white, red, green, or blue.The Aviator’s tactically-correct two-stage push–button tailcap switch lets you instantly select an output level: press for a momentary-on long-run-time flood beam for general night use, close work, or where you need to preserve your night vision; press further for a momentary-on white spot beam—nearly six times the light of a big two-D-cell flashlight; twist for constant-on low, twist further for constant-on high.
* Primary LED generates brilliant white spot beam, secondary LEDs produce optional white or color flood beam
* Precision micro-textured reflector creates smooth, optimized beam
* Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
* High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
* Two-stage tactical tailcap switch—press for momentary-on low, press further for high, twist for constant-on at either level
* Steel clip provides multiple carry options
* Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
* Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
Posted on July 22nd, 2010
The original super-duty Leatherman Super Tool 300 multi-tool is back! The award-winning, Leatherman Super Tool 300 is the multi-tool for the working man. The build is all-stainless and measures 4 ½ x ¾ x 1 ½”, with metric and imperial ruler markings, so it’s a decent handful. The pliers are of good size and offer the following features; needle nose and regular, replaceable hard and braided wire cutters, crimper and wire stripper. With their fine and course gripping surfaces there’s not a lot you can’t get hold of. When you’re working with gloves on, the large side cutouts make it easy to still grab components and rolled handles make for a comfortable grip. Stranded, hard and regular wire cutters all come standard on Super Tool 300, and because they’re removable you can repair or re-sharpen on the spot.
* 420HC Clip Point Knife with Straight Edge
* 420HC Sheepsfoot Serrated Knife
* Needlenose Pliers
* Regular Pliers
* 154CM Removable Wire Cutters
* 154CM Removable Hard-wire Cutters
* Stranded-wire Cutters
* Wire Stripper
* Electrical Crimper
* 5/16″ Screwdriver
* 7/32″ Screwdriver
* 1/8″ Screwdriver
* Phillips Screwdriver
* Wood/Metal File
* Bottle Opener
* Can Opener
* 9 in | 22 cm Ruler
* Awl with Thread Loop
* Stainless Steel Handles
* Stainless Steel Body
* Black Oxide Version Available
* All Locking Blades and Tools
* Comfort-sculpted Handles w/ Cutouts for Access with Gloves On
* Leather or Nylon Sheath
* 25-year Warranty
This probably one of the best Leatherman tools around and at a pretty decent price.
Posted on July 13th, 2010
The Z2 LED is a compact high-output flashlight featuring a CombatGrip body.It uses a virtually indestructible power-regulated LED and a precision micro-textured reflector to produce a smooth 120-lumen beam—six times the light of a big two-D-cell flashlight, and more than enough to temporarily blind and disorient an aggressor by impairing his night-adapted vision. Compact (pocket sized), high-intensity LED flashlight with an ergonomic CombatGrip™ that provides a secure grip in any weather and makes pairing the light with a handgun easier. The Z2 LED’s patented CombatGrip body improves performance with various flashlight/handgun techniques, such as the Rogers/SureFire technique, and provides a secure hold in wet or cold conditions or while wearing gloves. Its high-output LED features a long runtime as well as being shock proof with no filament to burn out or break.
* Virtually indestructible, electronically regulated light emitting diode has no filament to burn out or break; lasts for thousands of hours
* Precision reflector creates a smooth beam without dark spots or rings
* Rugged aerospace-grade aluminum body, Type II anodized in glossy black
* O-ring sealed; weatherproof
* Coated Pyrex window protects LED and reflector while maximizing light transmission
* Tailcap switch: press for momentary-on, twist for constant-on
* Patented lockout tailcap prevents accidental activation
* Lanyard included
* Batteries included
This the perfect sized Surefire light for all uses.