Posted on April 27th, 2011
When the Olympus SP-800UZ was released it was one of only two digital cameras to have a 30x zoom leans. The lens covers a 35mm equivalent focal range of 28-840mm. Maximum aperture varies from f/2.8 to f/5.6 across the zoom range. Shutter speeds range from 1/2,000 to four seconds. Seven white balance settings are provided, including automatic and six presets. The Olympus SP800UZ stores images in JPEG format, and is also able to record movies at high-definition 720p resolution or below, using MPEG-4 compression. The camera also includes a 14-megapixel sensor, a 3-inch wide-screen LCD monitor, 720p HD movie recording capability, mechanical image stabilization, high-speed continuous shooting at various speeds and resolution settings, and 2GB of internal storage plus SD card compatibility. The camera allows you to create stylized looks for your photos with Creative Art Filters, and use the Panorama mode to create one large image.
The Olympus SP-800UZ is designed for the digicam owner who wants to move up to a 30x zoom with Super Macro. With a feature set that matches up against the likes of the Nikon P100 and Fuji HS10, the Olympus SP-800UZ has some serious competition in the superzoom department.It’s very light weight camera consuidering such a long lens.
Olympus SP-800UZ digital camera
LI-50B Lithium-ion battery
Lens cap and cord
Quick Start Guide
Instruction manual and ib software on internal memory
This is great camera for the size and price and especially for those photographers who want some great closeups.
Posted on September 18th, 2010
Olympus has rewritten the rule book for how powerful a point-and-shoot camera’s zoom can be with the launch of the new 26x optical zoom SP-590 Ultra Zoom. Its extremely versatile zoom lens can capture extraordinary images at virtually any distance–from a delicate flower close up to wide-angle photographs of friends posing before the vast Grand Canyon, or even images shot from the back row of the stadium that look like they were taken courtside.
Olympus offers a new option for those seeking the ease of a compact digital with the control of an SLR. At the time of its introduction (February 2009) the 26x optical zoom lens is the largest lens available on a compact digital camera. With a focal length equivalent to 26-676mm on a 35mm camera it has both wide angle and extreme telephoto capabilities. With a focal length equivalent to 26-676mm on a 35mm camera it has both wide angle and extreme telephoto capabilities. The SP-590 UZ also has a full set of manual exposure controls including aperture priority and shutter priority. Manual focusing is available too. In super macro mode you can get in as close as 1cm from your subject.
The SP-590 UZ looks like a mini-DSLR, following the design trend that has largely characterized the ultrazoom class since at least back in the days when 10x represented the high water mark for zoom multiplication. The composite matte black body is punctuated with a brushed silver metal barrel that encases the lens. This is a beautiful camera and worth the price.
- 12-megapixel resolution for photo-quality, poster-size prints
- 26x wide-angle optical dual image stabilized zoom
- Pre-capture scene modes: Multiple Exposure, Soft Background Focus and Beauty Mode
- 2.7-inch Advanced HyperCrystal III LCD screen
- Compatible with xD Picture Cards and microSD memory cards (not included)
Posted on April 29th, 2010
Olympus Stylus Tough cameras already are world-renowned for being shockproof, waterproof, crushproof and freezeproof powerhouses. These cameras not only endure more than any other cameras, they also capture images as vivid as the adventures you live. The Olympus Stylus Tough-8010 is a compact 14-Megapixel digital camera with a 28mm 5x optical zoom lens designed for people with an active lifestyle. The camera has features that allow you to capture the action even in low light. Dual Image Stabilization will keep your images sharp, and if the image is better captured in motion.
- 14-megapixel effective recording
- 2-11/16″ LCD screen
- waterproof to 33 feet
- freeze proof to 14°F
- shockproof up to 6.6 feet
- Optical Sensor Resolution: 14 MP
- Optical Sensor Technology: CCD
- Optical zoom: 5 x
- Maximum Aperture Range: F/3.5-5.1
- Minimum focal length: 5 millimeters
- Maximum focal length: 25 millimeters
- Lens Type: Zoom lens
- Optical Sensor Size: 1/2.3″
- Included Flash Type: Built-in flash
- Display Size: 2.7 inches
- Light Sensitivity: ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO auto, ISO 64, ISO 1600
- Image types: JPEG
- Shooting Modes: Frame movie mode
- Exposure Control Type: Cuisine, Candle, Beauty, Underwater macro, Snow, Underwater wide 2, Underwater wide 1, Documents, Landscape, Portrait mode, Underwater snapshot, Beach/snow, Night portrait, Self-portrait, Pet, Fireworks, Panorama assist, Night scene, Sports mode, Sunset, Indoor
- Width: 3.9 inches
- Depth: 0.9 inches
- Height: 2.5 inches
- Weight: 7.6 Ounces
If you are looking for a great buy then look no further than the Olympus Stylus Tough-8010.